The Cedarburg Friends of the Parks and Recreation was organized for charitable, educational, and benevolent purposes including the development and financing of Cedarburg Pool, Parks, Recreation Programs and Senior Services.
This is accomplished by:
- Educating the public on the importance and impact on our community’s youth with regard to the importance of a public swimming pool;
- Soliciting financial support for Parks, Recreation Programs, Cedarburg Community Pool, and Senior Services;
- Hosting special events and tournaments to raise funds as well as community needs awareness;
- Working with the Cedarburg Community to develop additional recreational opportunities for the entire community.
CEDARBURG POOL IMPROVEMENTS
Over the past few years, our group has raised funds to provide a new, updated sand area and paint/repairs for the pool.
- Painted Pool - 2016
- Installed new roof on shed at pool – 2017
- Add 5 new picnic tables by concessions area. Cost $1000 each. – 2018 project
TWO NEW PLAY STRUCTURES
FOR THE CEDARBURG POOL
The Cedarburg Friends of Parks & Recreation organization is taking on the challenge of raising vital funds to purchase two (2) new play structures for the Cedarburg Pool.
We have a large fundraising goal. The expected cost of the two new Cedarburg Pool play structures is $35,000.
NEW BIKE RACKS AT WEBSTER MIDDLE SCHOOL
Our next project will be partnering with Webster Middle School PTO to update the bike rack areas outside of Webster. The current racks are not sufficient in size for the bike storage demand and are at the end of their life with rust and weather damage. We plan to work with the Cedarburg Schools to coordinate this project in accordance with their expansion plans. It is our hope to provide an updated, modern area where kids can park bikes, skateboards, and also have a well-lit area for students waiting for rides/pickups. The student population from 6-8 grades includes approximately 640 students. This project would impact nearly all of the students in one way or another. This project would occur as soon as the funds are available. We will be working with the Webster PTO over the next year to raise additional funds through additional fundraising efforts including a Parents Night Out to provide a platform for the new families/parents to meet.