The Cedarburg Friends of the Parks and Recreation was organized for charitable, educational, and benevolent purposes including the development and financing of Cedarburg Pool, Parks and Recreation Programs and Senior Services.
This is accomplished by:
- Soliciting financial support for the Parks and Recreation Programs and the facilities of the Cedarburg community;
- Hosting special events to raise funds;
- Working with the Cedarburg Community to develop additional opportunities for the entire community;
- Educating the public on the importance of a public swimming pool.
COMMUNITY POOL SAND PLAY AREA
The Cedarburg Friends of Parks & Recreation is actively seeking donations for two new Sand Play Structures for the Cedarburg Community Pool. The cost of the new Sand Play Area is $45,000 and includes a PlayWorks structure with sand chutes and two scoops mounted to pulleys, and a Waterfall structure designed to engage lots of children at the same time, as a table of exploration and also a social meeting spot. Cedarburg Friends needs to raise all funds by March 1 to ensure the equipment can be built and ready by the time the pool opens in 2020. The new play equipment will be located in the sand area at the pool.
WHAT WE HAVE DONE SO FAR
Over the past few years, our Group has raised funds for the following:
- Painted Pool - 2016
- Installed new roof on shed at pool – 2017
- Added 4 new picnic tables by concessions area. Cost $1000 each. – 2018 project
- Sponsored first "Kid's Kickoff to Summer" Event in June 2019.
- Will again sponsor "Kid's Kickoff to Summer" Event in June 2020.